Monday, February 28, 2011

Ainsley's birthday eve

This is the eve of Ainsley's first birthday.  I can't believe how fast a year goes.  At this time last year, Avery was at my parents house and Jim and I were relaxing on the couch getting anxious about the next morning's events.  Although our original intent was to do a VBAC delivery, our final ultrasound the week prior caused us to change our plans.  She was measuring big and the doctors were afraid I'd have the same problem that I had with Avery.  We scheduled a last minute C-section, but decided not to tell our family and friends so it could be a surprise to everyone else.  Our parents were the only ones who knew.  Needless to say, at 9 lb 15 oz, I think the doctors were right.  She came out looking like a little sumo baby.  I was so excited to be a mom of two and had no idea what I was in for.  It has been an amazing year.  God has blessed us in so many ways.  Tonight, I watched my two girls play and interact together and it brought tears to my eyes.  It is amazing watching a bond form between sisters.  They are so similar and so different, it is crazy.  Avery won't eat anything, while Ainsley can't stop eating everything. (Tonight, there was a banana on tv, Ainsley screamed and crawled to the tv wanting it so bad, I was cracking up)  They laugh and cry the same.  Avery is always on the go ready to try the next thing.  Ainsley, however is content just sitting on my lap or reading books by herself.  I am so thankful and so blessed by the amazing family God has given me.  I cannot wait to see what the future holds.  Happy almost birthday to my beautiful little Ainsley Jazelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment